[cmsms_row][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_contact_form form_plugin=”cf7″ animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_text]
People who are considering orthodontic treatment often want to know how Invisalign® compares to traditional braces. Smile Envy Dental Group would like to provide patients in Smyrna, Vinings, Atlanta, and the surrounding communities in Georgia with some information that will make deciding between the two much easier.
When to Consider Braces
In many cases, the decision to use Invisalign® or regular braces will depend on the degree of straightening that’s needed. If you require bite correction or the rotation of your canine teeth, traditional metal braces are a better option. In some instances, metal braces may also be able to straighten your teeth much quicker.
When to Consider Invisalign
Invisalign® might be a better choice if you:
- Have temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Require only a moderate amount of straightening
- Have experienced bone loss or receding gum lines
Advantages of Metal Braces
There are a few distinct advantages to metal braces, such as:
- The ability to customize your braces through the use of colored wires or rubber bands
- No need to worry about lost or broken aligners
- Being more affordable than Invisalign®
- Reducing treatment time
- The ability to treat more severe overcrowding
Advantages of Invisalign
There are also some unique advantages to Invisalign®, such as:
- The ability to straighten your teeth without anyone knowing
- Being able to eat whatever foods you would like without worrying about damage to your brackets
- Not being poked or pinched by metal wires
- Being able to keep your teeth cleaner, since you can brush and floss normally
How to Decide
During your consultation, Dr. Lofters will take x-rays of your mouth and impressions of your teeth. After analyzing your records, he may determine that one option is better than another in your particular instance. If so, he will discuss his reasons for coming to that conclusion with you.
Many of our patients are able to choose either option. If you are fortunate enough to do so, consider these things when making your decision:
- The cost of each type of treatment
- The amount of time each one is estimated to take in order to fully straighten your teeth
- Whether or not you will be severely uncomfortable with wearing metal braces
- How likely you are to wear your aligners for the recommended amount of time each day
Why Choose Smile Envy Dental Group for Invisalign® or Braces?
Our orthodontist Dr. David Lofters is knowledgeable concerning all types of orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign® and traditional braces. He wants what’s best for you, and will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision without feeling pressured in any way.
If you are considering orthodontic treatment, you will need to decide between traditional braces or clear Invisalign® aligners. Here at Smile Envy Dental Group, we will provide you with an in-depth consultation and will thoroughly answer all your questions until you are satisfied you have made the right choice. We invite patients from Smyrna, Vinings and the cities surrounding Atlanta, GA to contact us today.
[/cmsms_text][cmsms_contact_form form_plugin=”cf7″ animation_delay=”0″][/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row]